Halloween parties and trick-or-treating can bring joy to many children and families every year. Unfortunately, this year much of this season’s activities are not possible.
We appreciate that not everyone will miss the traditional Halloween celebrations, but whether you think of Halloween as a ‘trick or treat’ this one is going to be very different to most. However, there are still many ways to have fun whilst staying safe at home that can help make Halloween 2020 a special time. This can be an opportunity to get creative and maybe make some new Halloween traditions. We have put this page together to provide you with some ideas which we hope you will find useful.
We would love for you to send in some photographs of your pumpkin carvings, Halloween crafts, your costumes, and any activities you do so we can share them on this page and celebrate this season together.
From all of us at Carmarthenshire County Council and the Fostering Team thank you to all our amazing foster carers for the care you provide.
Cal has also got dressed for the occasion and is looking witchtastic don’t you think! Please download a template and send your pictures in.
- Virtual Costume parties
- Make your own costumes
- Decorate the home together
- Spooky Movie night (AGE APPROPRIATE)
- Decorating pumpkins for templates & more ideas on designs why not try:
- Halloween buffet and Treats
- A Halloween craft day
- Halloween ‘Trick or treat’ treasure hunt (a google or Pinterest search will bring up several options for you or please see below with some links to some scavenger clue hunts)
- Halloween Bingo for templates & more ideas:
Online Activities for Half-term week
- Free online cooking for kids, register now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kooking-for-kids-halloween-special-tickets-124018010207?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch
- Disney fans will enjoy the free online activities available here: https://disneyonstage.co.uk/education/
- Fed up stuck at home? Try some travel through space and time at the Space Observatory: https://www.rmg.co.uk/schools-communities/learning-resources/learning-from-home
- Find out what hides behind the doors of Westminster Abbey in a free online tour on the 28th October, register now: https://www.westminster-abbey.org/abbey-events/family/2020/october/family-event-building-history-virtual-tour